Friday, August 5, 2011

An Abundant Day

Yesterday was amazing ... I'm still dragging my butt out of bed in the mornings and getting what I need to get done, but yesterday I felt like Superwoman!
By 11 am I had :
  • bread rising (but it flopped and weighs a brick)
  • eggs were boiling to go into sandwich filling for dinner and Axel's lunch today
  • beets from our local CSA were simmering away
  • zucchini bread was in the oven - you can get my new recipe here - yummmeeee!
  • and I finally refined my recipe for mock apple pie - it turned out really good this time.

1. my A-7, 2. hand-pieced HAL, 3. Zucchini Bread, 4. Blogged A-7 5. Cooked beets 6. "Scandinavian" sandwich filling

Oh, and in the midst of all this, I was WORKING! I wrote this really long, picture-packed blog post about how to piece A-7 block for Contemporary Jane.

But I have to give most the credit to Superman, who came home after his own busy day and cleaned up the kitchen after I had packed up my basket with zucchini bread and pie and ran out the door to cooking club with our local CSA. What fun! I think there were 8 to 10 of us and we used red beet in 6 different recipes.
  • pureed soup - with carrots and onion garnished with cream, chive and a nasturtium
  • baked - with garlic and herbs
  • as a carpaccio with capers
  • pan-fried with peaches
  • raw salad with apples and raisins
  • as a coulee with ginger and raspberries served over ice cream
I think that nearly all the vegetables and herbs came from our field. Fresh dill, anise, thyme, oregano, chives and more! It was fun, our first meeting. I think it's fair to say they were all a tad surprised but intrigued with my baked "vegetable" goodies. I am loving the CSA experience and am hoping to get more involved and cooking up some new recipes for us all. Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

*please read*

I would REALLY like to reply to your comment, but I can't unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE PROFILE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...